Monday, December 29, 2008

Zombies and Stories

The absolute best thing about pets like the dogs and cats that we have is the unconditional love that they have for us. My puppies in particular spend half their time glued to my side, and the other half is with anyone else who is in the house. Hannah does it to be near incase we happen to stop at any point and have a free hand that can pet her. Lily does this interesting thing where she will sit and watch whatever we are doing. It's kind of like she is trying to learn how to do whatever is going on. Years ago she watched some guys retile a pool at our old house. Lately she always seems to be watching us when we are cooking. Of course, it could all just be so she can fend for herself when she kills the family.

 
 

On the subject of such disastrous events as dog revolution, I may as well jump the tracks to *drumroll* zombies! My parents' house(condo) is absolutely perfect as a sanctuary from a zombie invasion. There is only a front door and a garage door, and there are no windows opening directly outside. The front door is inside a small courtyard with a sturdy gate, and this courtyard is enclosed on three sides by the condo, and the on the fourth by a one story wall and the gate. The daylight in the condo comes from an atrium in the middle. There are also a bunch of skylights around the condo, so light comes in most everywhere. Assuming zombies can't climb very well, this place would be perfect. All the condos are roughly protected the same way, although some have windows facing out, so those would be lost. But with skylights and the courtyard and atrium, It'd be a lot better than being holed up in a dark house.

And then I realize I am writing about zombies…

Things have somewhat shifted for me, mentally, over the last week or so; I have a more clear idea of what I want to do in the next two years or so, which is a great starting point. There was a great deal of uncertainty regarding undergrad/grad school, jobs, and all that. At least now I have a vague sketch, and it's a good enough one that I feel excited to get clear of FIU and move on to what comes next.

 
 

I had a dream many, many months ago….at this point I think it has been a year at least, but it came back to me today. I was in a future world, a great deal like ours now except that place I was in was very totalitarian. There was a single leader with his governing body, and my responsibility with others was to ensure that the desired message of the leader was presented properly to the masses. Basically, propaganda. I think that I want to build on this half-world. It will be my project for at least the rest of the time I am in Texas. And yet…as badly as I want to tweak this new idea, I want to build another story, one whose basis is dreams but was conceived in the waking world a year and a half ago, midway thru a party. Chime in, perhaps?

 
 

 
 

No comments: