Sunday, December 28, 2008

Mastering Direction

Blogger drives me nuts. I feel like I am very limited in how I can customize it in a way I want. Certainly, I can add little gadgets, or change the general template, but there is such a limited choice of templates, and the only ones I like seem to smash any images I post so that they can't be seen. Which kind of defeats the point of posting an image?

I need to pick up writing in these blogs I have, if for no other reason than to foster the "creative spirit". I can feel the gears starting to shift again, little bits of story and poem entering my mind at random moments and then scampering off before I can put them to paper or laptop screen. It would be handy if one of the aforementioned were waterproof or could follow me everywhere, and it is tragic that I would never want to dictate ideas into some kind of handy recording device; not liking to hear myself speak would prevent these recordings from ever being heard. Ever.

While I do appreciate ideas striking me either as I am nearly asleep or taking a shower, it would be most helpful if they would strike when I am staring blankly at a computer screen or sheet of paper. Maybe while I am traveling in a car for a half hour? Just some suggestions.


For Christmas I received a Nikon D60 Digital( that's what the D is for) Camera. I've already taken over a hundred pictures, which puts this camera's use on par with the film Nikon I have back in Miami, which I have had for four years. Tells you something, doesn't it? Possibly that I don't like developing film, which is a piss poor excuse. Or it would be, if I didn't have these kind of pictures coming out of the new camera:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w304/VagrantsEpic/Wallpapers/DSC_0075.jpg

 
 

So yea, suck on that. Seems likely I shall have to explore this "Flickr" thing soon, should I continue to place photos online.

 
 

So, my dramatic plan for the remainder of my visit to my parents is thus. I will set aside an hour each night, starting tomorrow night and perhaps ignoring the 31st, in which I will do nothing but listen to music and write. I will have to gather the strength to shut off my dad's new 40inch plasma HDTV with a 40,000:1
contrast ratio. If you are uncertain what that means, I cannot help you; I only know that it is a massive amount, as shown by the placement of the ",", as well as my use of bold and italics. I don't know how I watched tv without it.

Where was I? Oh yes, I am going to find the inner strength to disable the above device, and instead write something that I can post, or at least reread myself with some satisfaction.

 
 

Where the tides start to turn...

No comments: