Thursday, September 11, 2008

Web-Comic-ness

I entertain the notions of a web-comic, produced with a friend of mine; I will write, and she will draw. This arrangement exists primarily because she is an exceptional artist and my stick figures look like they were just pulled from a multi-car pileup.

At first I considered this to be a look at ourselves and our mutual friends, illustrating the amusing events that transpired when she and I both attended the same school. There are many events in our minds, and it is only a matter of transferring them to a community media for the enjoyment of all. However, as I have thought more about this, I have grown fonder of the idea of basing the characters on people I know, but allowing them to grow from there. I see this both as a way to achieve originality and make it so that I don't have to hide this comic from the people considered; not everyone enjoys being made fun of, I have learned.

Most importantly, writing these characters with differences from the people I am basing them on will give me what I feel is some much needed experience in writing different personalities and their interactions with each other. I feel like it would be very easy to get into the mindset of the characters…but at the same time, it feels like schizophrenia if I go too far. I suppose one must make sacrifices...



PS. I just discovered that by writing something in Microsoft office OneNote I can select an option titled "Blog this" and it will send it to blogger. How cool!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'bout time, you write somethin' about this.