Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's the thought that counts

On a day I had mentally dedicated both to school work and to writing, not a whole lot of either was accomplished. Much to my own annoyance I awoke not at an early hour as I had planned, but instead at almost 1 pm! This may seem a result of my staying up as late as I do(going to be now would be hitting the sack pretty early, by my standards), I have in the past gotten around 3-4 hours of sleep before heading to work at PetSmart for a good ten hours. Personally, i think that i'm finding a lack of motivation and inspiration in the things I do around the house. The only times i seem to get up when I -intend- to get up are when I've either got school or work looming on the horizon(literally!) What happens tomorrow, with classes at what has been my usual wakeup time for the last 4 days, is anyone's guess.

I find it difficult to get myself on the path to writing consistently and with substance lately. But it seems like the only issue is actually sitting down and putting pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard, as is the case right now. When i actually let myself relax and open up a word processor, the thoughts and words just seem to pour out. So...clearly its my own fault and I just need to make a greater effort to sit still and WRITE. My notebook, which has been so neglected the last few months, has been dug out and i'm trying to make use of it again. The most recent notes in it concern a certain character, named Cecil Bandersnatch, as well as some mention of the Ragnarok. Also, I found this quote, from a poem in one of my classes last year: "I dreamed you were a poem, i say, a poem I wanted to show someone." Nice. I wish I had written it. The footnote tells me where to find the source, but I am lazy!

No comments: