Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Blue or Red?

I near a point now where I can decide to leave the comfortable world of my college experience and move on to the next stage of life, or hunker down and continue my education, and I honestly can not produce an answer. My degree will be complete as of the end of this semester, and from here I can pursue minors, a second major, or move straight to grad school. I can also get what constitutes a real job in the world.


To be honest, a real job seems most appealing to me right now. I believe it is because the prospect of a real job brings with it the ability to escape out of Florida. I feel somewhat trapped here, as I have to complete my education before I can leave, and my fondness for Florida is at best a circumstantial event. On a daily basis I dislike living here; it is far to hot here for my taste, and it honestly doesn't rain often enough. And I like the rain. Everyone always seems upset when its raining; I see rain clouds forming and I smile. I'm odd, whatever!


Another plus for escaping: I kinda want to escape the roommate situation I am in at present. While there is nothing overtly wrong with the people I live with…I never thought I would say this, but they all have tunnel vision when it comes to video games. As in, if they had to sit down and describe what they do with their free time, the ONLY answer all three of them could give is "I play World of Warcraft". I exclude my brother from this assessment as he has only lived here for a month and I can't rightly describe his free time use yet.


I think that, as an experiment, I'm going to see how productive I can be if I spend some time on the days when I don't have classes on campus. I think my room, maybe even this house, is kind of like a productivity sucker. Today I had plenty of time to get things done, and instead, really, I read a little of what I needed to read, played a random game for a half hour, and napped. Oh yea, and played chauffer for my brother.


Must…flee...


Chasing phantoms in one's dreams...

No comments: